Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity, Not.

2 posters

Go down

Infinity, Not. Empty Infinity, Not.

Post  thedoc Sun May 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Why is there so much universe out there? If there is a Creator, and we are the only ones here, why is there so much extra stuff? If there others out there, why are we so far apart that communication is all but impossable, or does someone have a special ability that they are not sharing?

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Infinity, Not. Empty Re: Infinity, Not.

Post  Admin Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 am

I wonder these things as well, thedoc. I will try on this forum to see if we can work on greater understanding of it all. I do think that dreaming has some use for the mind and it's possible that in our nightly subconscious journeys, we really can access some of this. The trick I suppose is how to become conscious of more of what goes on in our deeper more hidden parts of our minds.

I really believe we understand incredibly little of how our minds and the Universe actually work. The good new is that leaves us lots to learn! Smile

Admin
Admin

https://dream-dream-dream.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Mon May 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Here is a review of a book I read that addresses some of the attributes of the mind.

thedoc
B.O.F.
Re: What are you reading?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just finished 'The Dynamic Meditation Rite of SanChin', by Sensei John M. Szmitkowski, J.D. The book takes the Kata to a level that most western Karateka are totally unaware. When I was working out I knew there was something more but could find few who were willing to explore Kata to this plateau of awareness. Some quotes from the book by permission of the author,

"The third battle, or aspect, of the Sanchin Rite is the nebulous metaphysical aspect. As I had hypothesized, the metaphysical aspect was either willfully obscured or wantonly lost in the evolution of Sanchin. It is now time for this aspect to again be awakened. The metaphysical aspect of the Sanchin Rite pays homage to the aspect of the human condition that recognizes the universal consciousness that lives within all aspects of the universe. Ancient man acknowledged and accepted that the Divine Creative Spirit exists in all aspects of the Universe. As modern man is unable to exert his control over the ntural universal world, he sought to ignore this interconnectivity. Modern man than replaced the understanding of the natural order with man-made theological dogma. The Sanchin Rite reawakens our understanding that, while one exists on this physical plain of existence, our human essence is composed of and part of the overall universal consciousness. The metaphysical aspect of the Sanchin Rite also recognizes that after this physical level of existence, called life, has ended, our etheric-essence will co-exist with the universal consciousness in a continuing state of unification".

On another subject,

"If this theory of the brain mechanics is extended to the metaphysical aspect of the Sanchin Rite, one can understand that not only is one connected to the universe, but one's actions exist in the past and merely require the fulfillment of the action to completion. Our present observation and preception of the light of the sun or stars is a contemporaneous preception of an event that occured in the past. Similarly, physical action is initiated by the brain in the past, excuted in the present by the body, but in the past from the standpoint of the brain. If one is able to connect to the universe and consciousness through the projection of etheric-essence, one needs only to allow the intended action and consequences to freely flow from that universal interconnection.
In the example of the golf shot, when the brain initiates the instruction for the body to hit the golf ball, it does so with the preconceived idea and specific intention that the shot will produce a desired result, to wit: the ball will go in the golf hole. The brain initiates that instruction for the body to fulfill via the golf swing. As soon as the instruction is given, the brain has already preceived that the (successful) shot is made. How then is failure achieved? It is achieved when one actively imposes thoughts upon the mind. While preparing to swing the golf club, or while swinging the club, one actively thinks negative results or preceives physical factors that suddenly materalize to inhibit success. "Thats a long shot", or "Damn, where did that wind comefrom" are examples."

I can attest to the accuracy of the second quote, and the general quality of the book.

I believe that somewhere I read that you live in south west? if so the Sensei lives in AZ. here is a link to his web page,

http://senseijohn.wordpress.com/

There is a lot to read, and as he points out it is from the perspective of Karate, but can be applied to all aspects of life.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll poke around a bit there. I found this which I like:

"1. Physical Battle, or the aspect of properly performing all components of the physical movements of Sanchin so as to experience the physical, metabolic benefits of Sanchin;

2. Spiritual Battle, or the aspect of the internal transportation of bio-essence throughout the human bio-body which is only permitted through an enlightened, enraptured state of mind facilitated by Sanchin;

3. Meta-physical Battle, or the aspect of the expansion of etheric-essence into the universal environment to foster interconnectivity and synchronicity with the universal consciousness perceived through Sanchin."

I wouldn't probably use the word "Battle" as I think it has some negative connotations to the mind, but the idea of all these 3 working harmoniously and in unison works well for me (although I have no idea what "Sanchin" is...)

I am presently reading "Our Invisible Bodies" by Jay Alfred. It's a Free ebook you can read online or download as PDF at http://www.free-ebooks.net

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoc Mon May 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Heres another one I read a long time ago, that explores similar themes,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_in_the_Art_of_Archery

One of the points made was that the exact path to Zen was not as important as the study of Zen.

thedoc

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 16, 2011 5:13 pm

When an archer aims his arrow to just let it fly, there really is no right or wrong way for the bow to bend or the arrow to fly. If an electron or photon goes unobserved, it can be in multiple places at once, so why cannot the mind?

http://dailyzen.com/zen/zen_reading1105.asp

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum